Truth is Internal
Getting to know someone is not a process of listening to them say words about themselves and memorizing the facts they amount to
Their actions and reactions over time and the visceral feeling you get when you see or hear them is as true as any “fact” about their life. You can't get to know someone at all in an hour. Or even in a day. The only useful information is learned over time.
This is why I hate interviews and first dates. And why everyone does, probably.
Here's what it's like to meet a girl from a dating app:
So like.. what are you like… about?
like whats your THING you know? XD
What should I label the little box I want to put you in? “Gamer?” “Sports?” “Racist?” “Music?” “Films?” “Cars?” “Tattoos?”
Which filing cabinet will your endlessly complex human avatar be shoved into for the story I eventually tell my friends?
Comments
Post a Comment