The Sopranos
If I start watching The Sopranos then my life is over. My free time either goes to production or consumption. One or the other. No one can serve two masters.
I’m sure it is a great show. I’m sure I would love it. I’m sure I would look forward to watching it every day and sometimes on days where I feel particularly weak I would watch an entire episode during my “shift” at “work.” I’m sure I would want to talk about it with every person I know but settle for the post-episode reddit discussion thread instead because nobody I know has seen anything I have seen and if they have it was years ago and so why would they want to talk about it.
But that’s not the reason I abstain. I abstain because I need to make stuff instead or my life is over.
Comments
Post a Comment