What Are You Up to Man

So what are you up to nowadays? I work at an ad agency. You don’t know what that is. Why do I even bother. Just imagine me as Jim from The Office in the early seasons. Kind of pathetic in retrospect but it doesn’t seem that way because at least he’s self aware and decently good looking.

Oh, like sales and business and stuff. Cool… No. It’s not cool. But having money is cool. The money is what I use to do cool stuff. But the work is the antithesis of cool. It’s meaningless, it’s just profit. There’s no “but at least we’re helping people!” aspect to it all that keeps people like teachers or lawyers or even engineers from sinking into their own personal pit of despair, it's just clicking buttons for money. 


But the money, the money is good. The money gives me freedom. The money feeds me food that tastes good, I can skip lines, own useful things and present somewhat confidently to the world. It allows me to leave town and not worry about whether I can afford a random Uber if I need it. The money makes every part of non-working life slightly more bearable. 


But once you’re accustomed to the money, you need these little conveniences. You need to get boba every single day because if not then you didn’t get your little treat today. You need to buy a new pair of shoes because your current white sneakers are getting dirty and you can’t bear to be a guy wearing dirty sneakers. Some other third thing. You need it now. So you stay at the job that you hate doing things you don’t want to do, forever. The money’s got you in a cage. And a million other 23 year old normie young white men just like you have had this exact thought thinking they were a genius in their own little blog no one reads. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Opposite of a Praise Kink

the elephant

i care too much about how i’m dressed now