Men
And so I get quiet and cold because I can’t tell you that every straight guy who wants to “hang out” alone with you is trying to fuck you, partially because I don’t know that if that’s really true or if it’s just me, and if it is then that exposes something pretty ugly about myself, but also because i don’t want to shatter your view of men in general.
And though I wish I could trust you when you say “He’s not into me, I would know,” I know that a crucial part of attracting a girl is making her feel like you don’t really want her, or even that she is inferior to you in some way. So you thinking that he doesn’t like you actually gives him a better chance of getting under your skin.
And though my rational brain knows that you are in love with me and you can’t imagine anything else, I can clearly envision another man taking advantage of you and you secretly liking it in the just the same way.
[Editor's Note: This was 1 month into a relationship. I no longer feel this way. They all lived happily ever after.]
Comments
Post a Comment