Eye Contact
I tend to resist eye contact with most people because I am aware of the effect that it can have and I don’t wish to abuse that effect unless absolutely necessary.
It does feel a bit painful when I’m in a conversation and someone is pointed at me with their whole body, completely vulnerable, while I’m half-faced away, broadcasting detachment and shame. I’m not trying to win some machiavellian power game, it's just too intimate to communicate inches from their face. In most cases.
Maybe what I have noticed in my infinite primal wisdom is that people are susceptible to a sort of hypnotism or emotional manipulation when engaged in face to face communication which obscures reality and makes it difficult to logically process information. And I resist by keeping half-a-face turned at all times, parsing the facts for myself, undisturbed by the alchemy of love.
Comments
Post a Comment