Anxiety Medication

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor. I know nothing about anything. 

When I see friends talking about their anxiety meds I so badly want to say:


You don’t need medication. You need therapy. You need to learn to feel when your heart rate is increasing and mark your triggers and dedicate time to figuring out why those things make you anxious. And then when you face them again with that preparation they will be a little less scary. Then a little less so the next time, and so on. 


You need to become better acquainted with your body. It’s a machine. You have a lot more control over it than you think. 


You don’t even know that you’re taking the easy way out, trusting your doctor. Your doctor is taking the easy way out too - you're not getting to the root of it.


But I don’t say any of this. It’s not my place. It’s just the conclusion I’ve come to as a person who used to suffer from sharp bouts of anxiety and spent a lot of time thinking about why and has mostly resolved the issue, personally. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Opposite of a Praise Kink

the elephant

i care too much about how i’m dressed now