Keep the change
“Keep the change” is so much more natural than any kind of tip screen percentage iPad quicktime event they put you through now. Just here’s more dollars than you asked for, in return for the thing, keep the change. Wink. Thanks. Bam. Interaction over. No digital interface. Everyone’s okay.
With cash, I will actually tip. I will not put thought into generating an exact dollar amount commensurate with the perceived quality of service you performed for me in the preceding 45 seconds. Lets just make a fair thoughtless deal for approximately what you said the thing was worth on the sign.
I like how, at Asian restaurants, the staff doesn’t come by to ask you how you’re doing or if everything is okay. they ask take the order, they bring you the food, they bring you the check. They leave you the fuck alone. They don’t walk through in the middle of a precarious discussion with your girlfriend about whether or not you should live together to ask if the food is “tasting okay? :)”
Leave me alone. I will never report on the quality of the food. I will record it in my mind and move on. I won’t mince words with you unless I have something to say. And that goes for all interactions in all domains.
Comments
Post a Comment