I have Sunken Eyes
Sunken like you haven’t slept in weeks. Sunken like your wife just left and took the kids. Sunken like you are no one and have nothing left.
I feel for people with sunken eyes. I can see the tragedy of their life in one quick facial scan. Because they’re me. Sleep has never been natural for me. Sleeping at the same time every night, getting up at the same time every morning. It doesn’t feel possible in the world of blinking shining screens. But some people do it somehow. Some people do it. And some people don’t have terribly ugly dark sunken eyes all day every day of their life.
In college I bought some concealer that matched my skin tone (barely) and often smeared it carefully under my eyes before going out to a socially demanding event. I probably looked better. In certain lighting you could tell though. Or at least I could. Nobody ever told me. And I can’t tell if it’s because I hid it well or because they just didn’t want to hurt my feelings. I think I would tell my friend if I noticed it. I think I would tell my friend if his zipper was down, too. I’m just like that now.
Comments
Post a Comment